Company name: wuxi tianfeng metal products co. LTD
Address: no. 39, zhenze road, huazhuang street, economic development zone, wuxi city, jiangsu province (old factory area)
Address: no.210-2, chengnan road, wangzhuang industrial supporting area (new), new district, wuxi city, jiangsu province
Contact person: +86-1377 1199 895
Introduction of turning tool sharpening in wuxi forging machining
In the lathe, the forging blank mainly relies on the rotating main movement and the cutter feed movement to complete the cutting action. Therefore, whether the choice of turning tool Angle is reasonable or not, and whether the Angle of turning tool grinding is correct, will directly affect the processing quality and cutting efficiency of forgings.
In the cutting process of forgings, due to the intense friction and cutting heat between the front and rear cutting surfaces of the turning tool, the cutting edge of the turning tool will become blunt and lose the cutting ability. Therefore, turning workers should not only know the cutting principle and reasonable choice of turning tool Angle knowledge, but also must master the cutting edge grinding skills.
The cutting edge of turning tool is divided into mechanical grinding and manual grinding, with high efficiency, good quality and convenient operation. At present, small and medium-sized forgings production factories still generally use manual grinding, therefore, turners must master the technology of manual grinding.
At present, the commonly used grinding wheels are alumina and silicon carbide.
1. Alumina grinding wheel
Alumina grinding wheel is mostly white, and its sand grains are tough and sharp, but slightly less hard (refers to the grinding grains are easy to fall off from the grinding wheel), which is suitable for grinding high-speed steel turning tools and carbide tool shank parts. Alumina grinding wheel is also called corundum grinding wheel.
2. Silicon carbide grinding wheel
Silicon carbide grinding wheel is mostly green, its sand hardness is high, cutting performance is good, but more brittle, suitable for cutting hard alloy turning tool.
The size of the grinding wheel is indicated by the grain size. GB 2477-83 specifies 41 particle sizes, coarse (large basic grain size) for coarse grinding and fine (small basic grain size) for fine grinding.
Precautions for sharpening turning tool in forging
1. Wear protective glasses when grinding.
2. The newly installed grinding wheel must pass strict inspection, and can only be used after passing the test.
3. The grinding surface of the grinding wheel shall be regularly trimmed.
4. When sharpening the knife, the operator should try to avoid facing the grinding wheel, and it is advisable to stand on the side of the grinding wheel. This not only prevents sand particles from flying into the eye, but also, more importantly, prevents injuries in case the grinding wheel is damaged. It is better to operate a grinder by one person, not allowing many people to gather around.
5, when sharpening the knife, do not use too much force, in case of slipping and hand injury.
6, the use of flat sand wheel, should try to avoid grinding on the grinding wheel face.
7. When grinding HSS turning tool with force, it should be cooled in time to prevent the blade from annealing and reduce the hardness. When sharpening the carbide tool head, the blade body should not be placed in water to cool, so as to prevent the blade from cracking due to sudden cold.
8. Power supply of grinding machine shall be closed on the basis of incorporation of powerful mill.