Company name: wuxi tianfeng metal products co. LTD
Address: no. 39, zhenze road, huazhuang street, economic development zone, wuxi city, jiangsu province (old factory area)
Address: no.210-2, chengnan road, wangzhuang industrial supporting area (new), new district, wuxi city, jiangsu province
Contact person: +86-1377 1199 895
Purpose of heat treatment of ring forgings
Forgings can be divided into two groups according to the purpose of heat treatment.
1. The purpose of forging heat treatment is not only to provide excellent cutting performance for metal cutting, but also to prepare for the next heat treatment. Forgings belonging to this group are usually made of carburized steel, bearing steel, tool steel, etc.
2. The purpose of heat treatment of forgings is to obtain proper structure and meet the technical requirements of products. And in the premise of ensuring the technical requirements of parts, there should be moderate hardness and small hardness deviation in order to obtain economic processing performance in metal cutting machine tools. No final heat treatment is required for forgings after mechanical processing. The forgings are generally made of medium carbon steel and medium carbon alloy steel. The common processes for heat treatment of forgings are annealing (including complete annealing, isothermal annealing, spheroidizing annealing and other types of annealing), normalizing (including normalizing and high-temperature tempering), tempering and tempering (quenching and high-temperature tempering), etc.
Purpose and requirements of forging heating
Pre-forging heating of blank is an indispensable and important link in the whole forging process, which has a direct impact on improving forging productivity, ensuring forging quality, saving energy consumption and reducing product cost. The following is the purpose and requirements of forging heating:
1. Purpose of heating:
Improve the plasticity of metal, reduce the resistance of metal deformation, make it easy to form, and obtain good structure and mechanical properties after forging.
2. Heating requirements
(1) under the conditions of temperature conductivity and internal stress allowed by the metal material, it is heated to the predetermined temperature at a fast speed to improve efficiency and save energy.
(2) reduce the absorption of harmful gases, such as oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen and other gases by heating the metal as far as possible, reduce the defects such as oxidation, decarbonization or hydrogen embrittlement, and improve the heating quality.
(3) in the low-temperature heating stage, it is necessary to prevent excessive temperature difference between the outer layer of the metal section and the core due to improper heating, resulting in excessive thermal stress, and then superimposed with other internal stress, causing material fracture.
(4) accurately implement the given heating specifications, such as heating temperature, speed, time and heat preservation conditions, to prevent overheating, over-heating and other defects.